Altum MicaSense Multispectral Camera
Imagery has higher spatial resolution than RedEdge-MX allowing you to see create better DSMs, enable better classification of pixels, and unlock more analytics possibilities, including plant counting.
- 5.2 cm/pixel at 120 meters AGL (400 ft); 2.6 cm/pixel at 60 meters AGL
- Calculate GSD for different flight altitudes here: https://www.micasense.com/filight-calculator
Altum is the first sensor to offer synchronized capture of thermal and multispectral data (same 5 bands as RedEdge-MX)
This solves the major pain point many researchers have experienced 1not being able to align thermal outputs with an RGB image for reference. Now there is a simple workflow available with Altum, for processing and side-by-side analysis of data layers. This is perfect for researchers and farm managers who wish to monitor irrigation system performance and plant heat stress.
Capture thermal, plant health irnages and RGB (color) images in one flight.
Generally, customers want a color image for reference. Red, green and blue spectral bands, each with its own global shutter imager, make a high-cpality RGB (color) image possible with Altum. This is not possible with some other multispectral cameras on the market. After processing, the RGB image is perfectly aligned (down to the pixel) with the other data layers, for easier interpretation. The combined megapixels for the RGB composite - 9.6 MP, on the verge of comparable with a high-resolution, standalone RGB camera.
Global Shutter Imagers
- More forgiving when it comes to vibration from the aircraft
- Imagery is clearer than imagery from rolling shutter imagers
- Enables better processing and stitching
- Mounting with a gimbal is not necessary - Fixed mounts are OK